Tactical Galactical – A real-time strategy hex-based game on PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and Steam coming April 2020.
This is a new development from Capsulated Software based out of Osaka, Japan, and it appears the first game on the horizon to be released April 2020. The publisher Dangen Entertainment is more commonly known, with larger releases like CrossCode, Iconoclasts, The Witch’s House, and more, all of which have been positively received. Tactical Galactical will be a localized in-time hex-based strategy game, set in the world of “Saturday Morning Cartoons”.
“On planets far beyond our galaxy, three daring adventures battle for control over the precious Energy Crystals. Delores the Invincible, Zubair the Cunning, Mikhail the Vigorous, in an eternal struggle to see who will be the master of Tactical Galactical”
While there’s not a ton yet known, you can see from the images above and the Game Features below that there will be all sorts of units and vehicles battling for planet survival, as well as what appears to be playable cards, that the units come from, with a large influence seemly being drawn from modern CCG’s, or perhaps even similar drawing from the success of modern card games like Slay the Spire, Labyrinth, Faeria, Duelyst, Armello, Prismata and more. We’ll see how much the various planets play a role, and also how Energy Crystals will be important, in the everlasting struggle of conquest.
- Designed from the ground up with consoles in mind, Tactical Galactical overcomes the usual controller challenges that console strategy games suffer from.
- Flying above the planet in a spaceship, players control all manner of ground units below, from hovering humans to shielded attack vehicles, flying fortresses and giant robots.
- Unit tactics form the backbone of the game, all with different strengths and weakness against the others.
- A card system is used to deploy fresh units, bolster the army, perform special moves and attack the other player’s space ship.
- A strategic layer, with base upgrades, unit upgrades, card upgrades, and ship upgrades, allows for longer-term planning.
- Single player adventure, multiplayer battle and fighting with friends.
- Three adventures, with their own unique card decks and play styles.
- Giant aliens to thwart our adventures’ plans.
- Coming to Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One and Steam.
Wishlist and follow more news about the game on Steam here. More on the game as news drops.