Get Your Apartment Revamp On!
A few days ago, a group of Unity developers based in Wrocław, Poland, otherwise known as The Knights of Unity “A company focused on top-grade Unity development,” and “pure execution and with one goal: to always deliver,” have recently released a trailer for their newest game: Tools Up!, a top-down couch co-op game for up to 4 players, that will be released later in 2019 on all major systems including Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS4, and Steam. While there’s currently just a landing page website, they have a Steam page and are expected to release more information and artwork as their release date and other information gets published, so get ready to assemble your pals on your favorite game night and start renovating apartments, of course if you’re up for the mission! Check out the trailer and basic game details below:
What We Can Expect From Tools Up!
The game evokes some serious post-traumatic-overcooked-disorder and appears to give you the chance to team up with some buds to refabricate and renovate various apartments with your friends locally. From the trailer, we can see that each player takes control of a different character and that four appears to be available at the start with more to unlock along the way; you’ll move couches, build (and knock down) and paint walls, put in flooring like tiles and carpet, and slip and slide on everything in the way while making a mess, including doors which appears that may be tricky in dealing with who’s the boss with your mates. From the features, the character holding the blueprint can force a change with the camera angles to cause some funny interactions. It appears that the toss action is back from Overcooked 2, and you can toss your tools, mortar and paint buckets (and potentially even the players themselves?) between the rooms over the tops of the walls on the floor or between users, to make the action that much faster. The game will release with both a campaign and a party mode so you can choose the level you want to be the master of.
We can see some pretty fun and cool new ideas like blueprints, obstacles, fire, weather, and more challenges and as Overcooked (and 2) proved to be a local co-op phenomenon, we’ll see if Tools Up! can match the gameplay and fun.
According to the steam page, Tools Up! is set to release later this year (Q3 2019), so we’ll be looking to play it and experience some chaos & havoc sometime this Fall 2019.
For Fans Of:
Overcooked 1&2, Death Squared, Gang Beasts, Portal 2, Snipperclips, Gauntlet, Human Fall Flat, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, The Escapists 2, Castle Crashers and others. Additionally there looks to be some upcoming similar games: Moving Out & Catastronauts. Look for more coverage on those soon!
- There are four characters when you start but so many more to unlock and love!
- Sprinkle some rainbow on dull, gray apartments. Make them shine! Make them wonderful.
- Playful and fun gameplay requires a fun and playful art style – in Tools Up! we have both covered.
- Afraid of messing up the game for fellow players? Don’t be! Tools Up! lets you take whatever part you want in the renovation! Are you the hardcore renovator that wants to multitask? Great! Or are you more of a furniture pusher? That’s amazing too! Just running around and being a clown is still an important role – house renovation is a complicated science. And we don’t judge.
- Remember that only the person holding the blueprint can change camera angles. Use it for good. OR FOR EVIL! Go on… Create some chaos!
- Throw things to people… in other rooms! Just be sure to clean up any mess afterward.
- Throw people… to other rooms! It’s always fun. Oh – and do backflips! Make people laugh!
- Each campaign mission is unlocked in Party Mode for you and your friends to master! Get the highest ranking in all the levels! We know you can do it!
- Expecting ice, fire or puppies? No? Well, you should! Tools Up! levels and environments are rich and varied. Expect different weather too.